In this YesChef vs MasterClass comparison, I will share my personal experience of learning with them along with some pros, cons, and should you buy it?
Overview: YesChef vs MasterClass
YesChef is an online platform solely devoted to teaching cooking online. Featuring thirteen best chefs around the world, Yeschef brings together the brilliant level of expertise of chefs to teach you the art of cooking extraordinary dishes.
At YesChef, world-renowned chefs like Edward Lee explains his Korean-infused Southern cookery, Erez Komarovsky teaches modern Middle-Eastern cuisine, and Nancy Silverton teaches her exquisite Italian cuisine.
YesChef also plans to launch more classes with other renowned chefs like Narda Lepes, Asma Khan, Chris Bianco, etc.
Based in San Francisco, MasterClass is an online learning platform for creative individuals. It teaches not only cooking but a variety of other arts divided into the following nine categories-
- Filmmaking, directing, and acting
- Music, musical instruments, entertainment, comedy, etc.
- Writing (Content writing, storytelling, creative writing, writing for TV)
- Culinary arts
- Investigative Journalism, power politics, entrepreneurship
- Sports and Games (Tennis, chess, gymnastics, ballet, etc.)
Full Comparison In A Nutshell!
|Ratings and Reviews||✔️|
|About Classes & Teaching Techniques||✔️|
|All About Customer Support||TIE||TIE|
|Winner- Yeschef!||Go To Yeschef ➜||Go To Masterclass ➜|
YesChef vs Masterclass: Which one is the best?
Let us dive deep and compare both platforms based on various criteria.
Ratings and Reviews: YesChef vs Masterclass
Launched in 2020, YesChef is a fairly new platform with an average rating of 4.6 stars on Trustpilot. People love YesChef for the quality of course videos and the content.
The best Chefs of the world spilling their kitchen secrets and tips, along with their inspiring stories combined in a beautiful storytelling format, hooking the audience.
- Positive reviews of YesChef talk about the inspiring storytelling format and beautiful videography that gives an experience of being with the chef in his kitchen.
- Negative reviews talk about the wait for upcoming classes from other chefs and no access to recipes in PDF or downloadable format.
MasterClass is a great platform with an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. It has great reviews and ratings from its students. But, it is not especially focused on teaching cooking. It is a general online learning platform. We have done a detailed MasterClass Review.
- Positive reviews of MasterClass speak about the ease of learning with any device and audio-only lessons that can be listened to anytime. However, they are not applicable for learning cooking.
- Negative reviews of MasterClass speak of some classes starting with pre-cooked ingredients. Some recipes are hard to master if you do not know how to cook those pre-cooked ingredients.
YesChef is definitely the winner for cooking classes as it is a platform specially dedicated to cooking. It has no diversions and gives the best when it comes to teaching cooking with celebrity chefs.
About Classes & Teaching Techniques: Yeschef vs Masterclass
Classes at YesChef are self-paced, which means you can take your own time to learn and complete them and watch them as many times as you want.
Each Chef at YesChef has each class lasting 5-6 hours which is divided into two parts:
- Culinary adventure- It is a 45min-1hr documentary of the Chef’s journey that made them the best in the world.
- Deep-dive education– 4-5 hours of learning with the chef from his/her kitchen. It is divided into 12 lessons with an average of 25 minutes per lesson. The Chef teaches 32+ recipes with unique techniques along with their secrets and tips that made their world-famous recipes.
Though it may sound a lot, you need not worry. The chief guides you step by step with every minute detail, and you can access it from any device.
Classes at MasterClass are also self-paced. You can learn at any time and anywhere from any device of your choice. However, the number of video classes and the average duration of the classes vary from chef to chef and class to class.
For example– Gordon Ramsay’s Cooking-1 class consists of 20 videos and is 4 hours long, while the Cooking-2 class consists of 15 videos and is 4 and half hours long.
- The average class length is 10 minutes at MasterClass. Every class starts with an introductory video of 5-10 minutes of the Chef, and then the detailed learning journey begins.
- It provides downloadable PDF workbooks, which is a unique feature. The workbooks contain detailed explanations and alternative ingredients if you cannot source the ingredients shown during the classes.
Though YesChef does not provide printable recipes (that is something they are working on), it is well structured and gives a varied learning experience.
Pricing Details: YesChef vs MasterClass
YesChef only offers an all-access pass at two different prices:
- Annual pass at $180, which gives you access to all the classes for a year. You can watch the classes anytime you want and any number of times you want.
- A lifetime pass at $460 gives you access to all the current classes and future yet-to-launch classes for a lifetime.
- YesChef also runs discounts and offers like 2-on-1 where you can buy one all-access pass and gift one to your friend at the same price.
- YesChef offers a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. If you feel YesChef is not worth it, you can claim a complete refund within 30 days from the purchase date.
MasterClass offers two types of subscription packages.
- A single class at $90– this provides access to several hours-long videos with a workbook and other materials for the course you choose.
- All-access pass at $180– It is an annual pass that gives you access to all the classes on the MasterClass platform for a year. With this, it also gives you an additional all-access pass that you can share with a friend. Obviously, the all-access pass is worth its price.
- MasterClass offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you feel MasterClass is not worth $180, you can claim a complete refund within 30 days from the purchase date.
When it comes to being wallet-friendly, MasterClass beats YesChef. It offers all-access at $180 for all the 100+ courses it has on its platform. It is worth above YesChef who offers an all-access pass for only cooking classes at $180.
Instructors: YesChef vs MasterClass
YesChef features thirteen world-renowned and award-winning chefs to learn from.
- Chef Edward Lee is an award-winning author and chef
- chef and baker Erez Komarovsky is the ‘Godfather’ of Israel gastronomy,
- Nancy Silverton is a Michelin-starred baker and chef
- It also has many other kitchen legends like Narda Lepes, Asma Khan, Chris Bianco, etc., launching their classes soon.
MasterClass brings celebrity chefs like Gordon Ramsay, Wolfgang Puck, Alice Waters, Thomas Keller, and many more to teach cooking and cooking techniques. All these celebrity chefs are renowned and have a huge following on Youtube.
They teach restaurant-style cooking at home, the art of home cooking, fundamentals of cooking, and much more.
Both MasterClass and YesChef have great chefs teaching cooking and culinary art. But, YesChef goes a step further and brings the world’s best chefs on its platform to share their secrets and tips to make delicious meals.
- Culinary art is given special and utmost importance.
- Sessions start with a chef’s documentary, which is inspiring and makes the learning process relatable.
- It has subtitles in both English and Spanish.
- Authentic, unique, and delicious world’s best recipes from the world’s best chefs
- Can be streamed from a phone, tablet, or laptop
- Focused learning with in-depth classes
- Downloadable PDF workbooks and other materials
- Facebook and web-based community for peer learning
- Has a mobile app that enables streaming anywhere anytime
- Compatible with all the devices including Android Tv, Apple Tv, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku Tv
- Audio only versions for some classes
- Bite-sized 10 minute classes that can be learned in a go.
It is kind of tie but MasterClass has an edge because of its mobile app and community when it comes to advanced features.
All About Customer Support
YesChef provides customer support through the chat feature on the web app, email, and phone. Email address- support@YesChef.me and Phone no-1-844-466-8296.
It provides excellent customer support 24/7 with its email support executives working on the clock. The professionalism depicted while handling customers can be seen in the form of enthusiasm in the customer reviews.
To help the customers, MasterClass provides answers to the questions customers are majorly stuck with in the form of FAQs. They provide excellent customer support with 24/7 email support and phone support on weekdays from 9 AM to 6 PM PST.
Both YesChef and MasterClass provide effective customer support, and it is difficult to choose one. The support executives at both platforms are eager to help the customers with all the queries and issues.
Pros and Cons of YesChef:
|Authentic recipes from the world’s best chefs||No mobile app|
|Chef Documentaries||No downloadable materials|
|Learning from experience||No major community|
|Great tips and advice|
|High video quality|
Pros and Cons of MasterClass:
|Downloadable PDF Workbooks||Non-interactive community|
|High video quality||Difficult to source ingredients|
|Multiple Skills at Affordable Costs||Hard to follow recipes|
|Bite-Sized 10 Minutes Lessons|
Final Conclusion: Yeschef Vs Masterclass?
Both YesChef and MasterClass are great online learning platforms and have amazing features. However, based on the comparison of all the features, we vote YesChef over MasterClass.
If you want to learn the culinary art of cooking, YesChef is a platform that is specially dedicated to it. It brings the world’s best chefs to teach you the delicious art of cooking. The best Chefs of the world spill their kitchen secrets and tips with their inspiring stories combined in a beautiful storytelling format that makes learning engaging.
However, if you are looking for a budget-friendly option and want to learn courses apart from cooking, then go for MasterClass. The masterClass is a great platform offering 100+ courses from experienced instructors. But, when it comes to cooking, it cannot beat YesChef.
Experienced Freelance Content Writer, Digital marketer, and BBA Graduate. I write content that leaves a lasting impact on the readers and helps businesses build authority and trust.