Are you looking for the best Flutter courses online?
If so, it’s possible you’re interested in cross-platform app development.
In the past, we used to rely on Swift, for example, to build iOS native apps. Then we’d have to switch over to Kotlin or Java when it came to creating apps for android. Consequently, there was a lot of work involved in coding for these separate platforms.
Flutter is a modern IDE that steps in to provide an excellent solution where you can build the same iOS and Android app with one codebase.
Therefore, Google Flutter courses are an incredible option to learn hybrid, app-building skills. With Flutter, you can build for both stores without having to do twice the work.
In this guide, I’ll be taking you through the best online courses for learning Google Flutter in 2023, so you can create iOS and Android apps that look native to both platforms.
Let’s get started.
1. Flutter & Dart – The Complete Guide (2023 Edition) [Udemy]
For a high-value course on Dart programming and Flutter, this 2023 hybrid guide offers you the best of both worlds.
This class covers:
- A fine-grain approach to learning Flutter and Dart from scratch, complete with a guide map that can help you to develop advanced app-building skills.
- Integration of device camera and Google Maps into app development, to execute authentication functionalities for building a secure app.
- Error handling by an instructor who addresses and solves errors on-tape when they occur. It is for this reason that this is the best flutter course on Udemy for hands-on learning.
Unfortunately, you’ll find that the course uses an older version of firebase so you may have a little trouble with deprecated features. Nonetheless, it’s easy to put one in two on newer versions so it still remains the best flutter course online for in-depth app development.
2. Learn Dart: First Step to Flutter | Educative
Are you interested in learning the ins and outs of Dart?
Then this is a good tutorial for learning and using one of the fundamental languages of Flutter to create a user-friendly mobile app.
Some course highlights include:
- An expert introduction to the flutter widget tree, with important tips on how you can build and manage any complex app layouts you might want to execute.
- This is among the latest and best Flutter courses on Educative, so you can rest assured that the class features the latest release of this development environment.
- A simple approach to creating many nested widgets to build the user interface you desire without cumbersome design work.
Prior programming experience is necessary to ease your progress in this course. For advanced learners, it offers a quick class on how to hard-code social media clones that can hold up to the likes of Facebook.
3. Flutter Essential Training: Build for Multiple Platforms [LinkedIn Learning]
If you’d like to learn cross-platform development using macOS, you should feel right at home in this class.
The lesson encompasses:
- Creating HTTP requests for your mobile app to enable communication between your API and servers.
- Pointers on how to seamlessly mix and match Flutter’s huge catalog of material components and widgets to create an incredible user interface.
- Tips on the resources you can use to successfully launch your hybrid application on the app store of your choice, making this one of the best flutter courses online for after-development support.
This course is primarily taught in a macOS environment and it’s one of the best Flutter courses on LinkedIn Learning for Mac users, and maybe a little troubling if you’re relying on Windows. The good news is you only need to make a few minor modifications on Windows, and the codebase is identical on both platforms.
4. The Complete Flutter Development Bootcamp with Dart [Udemy]
Created in collaboration with the Google Flutter team, this Bootcamp will help you create an appealing development portfolio.
This course covers:
- A lighthearted approach to learning basic principles of object-oriented programming, which makes it one of the best Flutter courses on Udemy. The class is fun and memorable for the lively charts and animations as well.
- Real practical assignments that will ultimately enable you to build clones of Yahoo Weather, QuizUp, and WhatsApp.
- In total, you get to build 15 apps, with many challenges in between projects for you to practice on.
For Windows users, you’ll need to switch to macOS to test the iOS apps you build.
Nonetheless, it’s still the best Flutter course online as you can build iOS apps on Windows just as well as you would on Mac.
5. Flutter: Building an App with State | LinkedIn Learning
Would you like to create your own photo gallery app?
If so, you’ll find that this course offers excellent tips on how to set up and even deploy such a project.
You’ll get to learn about:
- Creating infinite and finite scrollable lists to provide navigation for your photo gallery application.
- Building basic Flutter applications for iOS and Android. This makes it the best Flutter course on Coursera as far as hybrid app development is concerned.
- Shortcut tips on working with image widgets to create appealing visuals for your app without exerting too much effort or hogging a lot of system resources.
This is an intermediate-level course so without basic knowledge of programming, it may not be among the best Flutter courses online for you. With a little experience, it’s perfect for getting straight to the heart of building mobile gallery apps.
6. Flutter: Part 01 Introduction [LinkedIn Learning]
For a Flutter tutorial that starts right at understanding the various documentation of this IDE, this course offers an excellent guide to get you started right from installation.
Some course expectations include:
- Learning how to install development and testing tools, including the Flutter SDK for Mac and Windows, so you can quickly get up and running with this environment.
- Basic illustrations on how to stack widgets to build your UI, and also how to add functionality to these widgets for a more interactive app.
- A beginner-friendly, course outline to get you well acquainted with configuring Android Studio and Flutter for efficient design.
However, it’s not the best Flutter course on LinkedIn Learning because you don’t get to create any apps by the end of it. This is covered in a follow-up class. That said, it’s a great introduction to setting up Flutter and Android Studio on Windows and Mac, which is often challenging for first-timers.
7. Dart and Flutter: The Complete Developer’s Guide [Udemy]
If building multi-device apps is a priority, you’ll find this course offers essential functionality tips for getting your designs right.
Course highlights include:
- In terms of value, this is the best Flutter course online to learn Dart. That’s because you get hours of bonus content after the course on how to use the advanced features of Dart to take your complex app-building skills to the next level.
- Using RxDart to build your reactive programming skills, which makes app scaling and error handling a lot easier. As a result, you’ll be able to build more stable applications.
- Network request optimization techniques to ensure your app performs well on mobile networks.
To excel in this course, you’ll need to have experience with Python or Java, so it’s not the best Flutter course on Udemy if you’re completely new to programming. On the other hand, it’s an excellent option for quickly learning about using advanced Dart features.
8. Flutter: Part 02 Building Apps [LinkedIn Learning]
For a quick lesson on building apps fast with Flutter, this tutorial offers a good crash course. You’ll get to learn about:
- How to build the infamous “I Am Rich” app. This offers a very basic design challenge to ease you into development, so the tutorial is one of the best Flutter courses on LinkedIn Learning for beginners.
- Incorporating text and images with minimal effort to create beautiful apps, in addition to learning how to scaffold your app with widgets.
- Cross-platform device testing, complete with an excellent end-of-course challenge that will fully test your app customization skills.
If you’re using Windows, it’s noteworthy that you may not be able to run the iOS simulator directly on this OS. However, this is still one of the best Flutter courses online as there are many browser-based iOS simulation software you can use.
9. Flutter & Firebase: Build a Complete App for iOS & Android [Udemy]
Are you keen on building scalable apps?
This Flutter & Firebase combination offers a full Dart introduction to show you how to get this done.
Course expectations entail:
- Robust application building, thanks to a focus on creating production-ready code. Therefore, this is the best flutter course online for creating modern, reactive apps.
- Essential coding best practices, with excellent Flutter coding patterns and quality resources. This makes it easy to manage your development as your app grows in complexity and size.
- Full access to source codes used in every lesson via GitHub. The code templates prove useful for revision or if you’d like to modify them to build a different app altogether.
The strong focus on backend development at the start may be off-putting for complete beginners. Fortunately, this is one of the best Flutter courses on Udemy as everything is explained in detail sooner or later, and the course is further outlined in short, learning-friendly videos.
10. Flutter – Beginners Course [Udemy]
With a little experience in development, this Flutter tutorial will show you how to create basic apps fast.
Some courses highlights entail:
- Learning about Android Studio and IntelliJ IDEA. IntelliJ IDEA is an excellent development environment for Flutter, because of its vast tools and accelerated development process.
- Fast-paced teaching styling, with a core focus on examples and coding. These aspects make it one of the best Flutter courses online for intermediate learners.
- Learning about creating an application in IntelliJ IDEA and debugging problems while hot reloading to see your app changes in real-time.
This course requires that you have some understanding of Dart programming language before you get started so it might not be the best Flutter course on Udemy for an introductory class. Nevertheless, this knowledge isn’t an absolute prerequisite as it’s possible to learn both Flutter and Dart on the go.
11. Build a Diary Web App With Flutter & Cloud Firestore | Tutorialspoint
Would you like to make your own version of Twitter?
Then this is the course to help you create social networks via Firebase and Flutter. You’ll get to:
- Learn about the basics of app deployment to Apple and Google stores, covering what you need to know about policies and getting users to download your app.
- Create custom themes and fonts. Consequently, this is among the best Flutter courses on Udemy if you want to avoid generic Flutter and Firebase templates and make your app stand out.
- Discover image compression techniques for optimizing your app’s media files to ensure peak performance across various devices.
The Firebase code could do with an update but it’s easy to work around once you get the hang of it. Moreover, there’s a lot of feedback in the forum from past students on how to get past the code problems.
12. The Complete Flutter UI Masterclass | iOS, Android, & Web [Udemy]
User interface design can be challenging if you’re designing for three separate platforms.
This course shows you how to simplify the process in the following ways:
- Vital lessons on UI design for a food delivery app, budget app, and 2 social media apps. This makes it the best Flutter course on Udemy as far as good user experience and range of UI examples are concerned.
- Important tips on implementing advanced Flutter widgets for beautiful animations in a course that commendably has clean code throughout.
- Good pointers on responsive user interfaces for mobile as well as web, so you can build user-friendly apps across platforms.
This isn’t the best Flutter course online if you’re just getting started with Flutter. It’s a more advanced, straight-to-the-point class with immense benefits if you have basic Dart know-how.
13. Flutter & Dart – The Complete Flutter App Development Course [Udemy]
If your priority for Flutter & Dart lies in learning through the latest release, then this tutorial is a nice fit.
Some course benefits include:
- It is one of the best Flutter courses online because you’ll be using the best app development tools and the code is mostly flawless.
- Learning Dart programming from scratch, so no prior developer experience of any kind is necessary to get the most out of this course.
- A responsive instructor who’s readily available to lend a hand should you need technical support at any point.
Because the instructor tries to accommodate both beginners to advanced learners in a multi-teaching style, you may find that this is quite a lengthy class. On the plus side, this is among the best Flutter courses on Udemy for all skill levels.
14. Master Flutter – Learn Dart & Flutter by Developing 5 Apps [Udemy]
Are you an experienced developer aiming to learn Dart?
If so, this is the course to set you on your way to becoming a full-stack developer. You’ll get to:
- Create 5 apps using Dart & Flutter, namely a News app, a Todo app, and an eCommerce app. As a result, it is the best Flutter course on Udemy for handling the different design requirements of various apps.
- Learn various ways of monetizing your application and how to get it published.
- Preview more than 10 topics, from installing Flutter to creating stateful and stateless widgets. You can therefore test-drive the course before enrolling.
This may not be the best Flutter course online for complete beginners as it assumes basic knowledge of NodeJS and Laravel, and requires at least 6 months of development experience. If you fit these requirements, you’ll find that it progresses wonderfully for back and front-end Flutter development.
15. Build a Rental App with Flutter: iOS & Android Masterclass [Udemy]
From creating wireframes to developing frontend user interfaces, this is an incredible tutorial to guide you through all the important steps of design.
Some course highlights include:
- Learning how to use Firebase Cloud Message with backend databases to easily create push notifications for the apps you’ll build.
- Insight into NoSQL database design. This is therefore one of the best Flutter courses on Udemy for building apps that excel in scenarios where you have a huge number of entries and multi-format data.
- Aside from building a rental app, you also get to learn how to create an image guesser app and a calculator app.
When it comes to instructor support, this may not be among the best Flutter courses online as the trainer is mostly unavailable. On the plus side, the content holds up for the most part so there are very few unresolved problems.
Best NestJS Courses
Best Pandas Courses
Do you have some experience in programming?
If so, the course on how to Build A News Feed Mobile App With Flutter will fit you perfectly.
It’s an intermediate-level tutorial, and it’s great if you already know your way around Java or Python syntax, and would like to progress quickly to advanced Flutter features.
For a slower, introductory pace, the Flutter & Dart – The Complete Guide (2021 Edition) is a nice place to kickstart your Flutter journey. You’ll learn Dart programming from zero.
All in all, what you prefer in your ideal course, you’re sure to find it in some of the best online courses for learning Google Flutter in 2021 that we’ve looked at today.
Lerma is our expert in online education with over a decade of experience. Specializing in e-learning and e-courses. She has reviewed several online training courses and enjoys reviewing e-learning platforms for individuals and organizations.