New York Institute Of Finance Review :
In this review of New York Institute Of Finance, I will give a brief about NYIF along with the courses and their pricing with some likes and dislikes of NYIF and the conclusion.
NYIF review will give you an insight into NYIF, the courses it offers, and help you make the right decision.
Let’s dive into our NYIF review!
If you buy the course through the links in this article, we can earn some affiliate commission. This helps us to keep OnlineCourseing up and running for your benefit.
Table of Contents
What Is New York Institute Of Finance?
- An industry-recognized niche financial courses and certification provider.
- Trainer of over 50000 finance enthusiasts every year around 125 countries.
- Founded by New York Stock Exchange to train internal employees in 1922.
- Provider of 300+ courses, most of which are available both online and in-person.
Who Is NYIF Certification For?
NYIF is a leading provider of financial courses for specific finance roles. It is a platform not meant for everyone. Consider taking up certification courses at NYIF only if-
- You are a finance enthusiast who wants make a career in the banking and finance.
- You are a finance professional working in the non-finance industry.
- You are a finance professional looking to upskill or change roles within the industry.
- You run or manage a business and want to learn and understand the specifics of finance.
Though you might feel this is a broad list of people, NYIF has some courses for anyone interested in finance. It has 300+ courses divided into four categories. We will talk about it in detail in this NYIF review.
All About Courses Offered
Now that you know who should and should not join the New York Institute of Finance, let us move to an important part of the NYIF review- Courses offered!
NYIF offers 300+ courses. They cover a plethora of finance topics which include accounting, derivatives and options, fintech, hedge funds, portfolio management, risk, trading, wealth management, and a lot more.
The courses are broadly categorized based on difficulty levels- Introductory courses, Intermediate courses, and Advanced courses.
The introductory courses are for beginners who have just stepped into the finance field. If you are confused about where to begin with, inductor courses are good guides to start with.
These courses are also great for students looking to intern in the finance sector and want to pick up required skills. They lay practical foundations for you to get going in the finance industry.
Some popular introductory courses are:
- Professional certificate in financial accounting
- Capital markets professional certificate
- Professional certificate in credit risk analysis
- Introduction to supply chain finance
- Investment banking certification
The intermediate courses are for finance enthusiasts who have 1-2 years of experience in the field. As per our NYIF review, these courses are meant for upskilling.
If you are an undergraduate or postgraduate student with a finance background, intermediate courses are a good place for you to start with.
Some popular intermediate courses are:
- Risk management professional certificate
- Portfolio management professional certificate
- Mergers & Acquisitions professional certificate
- Derivatives professional certificate
The advanced courses at NYIF are for experienced finance professionals who want to become experts in their specific area of finance. These courses give you access to real-time data and analytics with advanced case studies.
If you have a stronghold in your area of finance, advanced courses are meant for you.
Some popular advanced courses are:
- Advanced credit risk professional certificate
- Advanced data science for finance professional certificate
- Advanced risk management professional certificate
- Advanced portfolio management professional certificate
- Advanced fixed income professional certificate
New York Institute of Finance also offers designation courses for serious candidates who are ready to give complete commitment. Currently, NYIF has two designation courses-
- Investment Banking Certification and
- Chartered Investment Banking Analyst
Features Of NYIF:
In this New York Institute of Finance review, we will cover all the features and functionalities of the courses and certificates offered by NYIF. It will help you make the right decision.
- Course and Training Format: NYIF provides different courses and training formats for both individuals and enterprises. You can choose the one that matches your requirements.
Courses are available in three modes-
- On-Demand Videos– These are pre-recorded self-study courses. You can learn anywhere and anytime at your convenience. NYIF has a chat option to put in queries for the instructors.
- Virtual Live Classes– You can join live classes from anywhere in the world at scheduled timings and get into real-time interaction with expert trainers.
- Accreditation: NYIF is accredited by international associations and organizations. Some of the associations NYIF is accredited to are:
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
- CFA Institute
- CMT Association
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP Board)
- Curriculum And Course Quality: NYIF courses have a well-structured curriculum. The curriculum consists of practical skills, real-world knowledge, and case studies that expose the learners to the field of finance.
All NYIF courses are taught by industry experts and are of high quality. Leading banks and financial institutions train their employees at NYIF.
- NYIF Instructors: The instructors at NYIF are industry experts with more than a decade of experience. They present real-world case studies and examples and expose students to day-to-day work in the field. Some of the instructors are- Chris Broderick, Douglass Carroll, Oliver Belin, Stephen Zak, etc.
Past students’ reviews highlight the fact that instructors have immense knowledge and are friendly in nature. They answer queries live as well as on chat.
Also do not miss to read: FPWM vs. CFP: Why You Badly Need Both!
Will NYIF Help You In Your Career?
Finance is a highly competitive field. It requires practical knowledge and skills. Theoretical knowledge taught in schools and colleges is not enough for finance jobs.
Courses from reputed institutions like NYIF impart practical skills and knowledge required for day-to-day work at the job. They also expose you to the pros and cons of the field and guide you towards success.
NYIF is a globally recognized institution having training centers in more than 125 cities. Its certifications add value to your CV, giving you a cutting edge during recruitment. NYIF alumni work in prestigious institutions like JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Deloitte, etc.
The courses will also help you gain recognition at your workplace and impart knowledge and skills to get you promotions and pay hikes.
Definitely, NYIF helps finance enthusiasts make a strong career in the field of banking and finance. Also read, Free Financial Modeling Courses.
Who Is Behind NYIF?
The New York Stock Exchange started the New York Stock Exchange Institute in 1922 to train and upskill employees at the stock exchange. Today, New York Stock Exchange Institute is popularly known as the New York Institute of Finance (NYIF).
In 1960, NYIF was acquired by Princeton-Hall, and in 2013 its ownership was transferred to Financial Times Group.
Today, the New York Institute of Finance is an independent business training more than 50000 students every year in more than 125 countries. It has the world’s leading financial institutes, banks, and regulatory bodies as its clients.
Taking our New York Institute of Finance review further, let us learn about its course pricing.
Pricing Of NYIF:
The prices of courses at NYIF depend upon the type of course you choose. Generally speaking, the price range of courses at NYIF range from $50 to $16500.
- On-demand video courses are the least expensive. They range from $50 to $5000.
- In in-person and virtual classrooms, experts teach you in real-time. They are expensive ranging from $1200 to $16500.
Customer Support At NYIF:
NYIF has friendly customer support. You can mail them at email@example.com or call on the number +1-347-842-2501 Monday to Friday between 9 AM to 5 PM EST.
Any review is incomplete without pros and cons. Here are the pros and cons of the NYIF review.
What Did I like About NYIF?
The things I absolutely liked about the New York Institute of Finance are
- Learning from Industry Experts: NYIF provides a platform to learn from industry experts at the comfort of my home. The instructors are friendly and share their real-world experiences.
- Courses For All Levels: Whether you are a beginner or a professional in finance, NYIF has courses for every finance enthusiast.
- Globally Recognized Certificates: NYIF has been in the market for nearly a century, and its certificates are recognized throughout the globe. They add value to CV and increase the chances of getting recruited.
- Imparts Practical Skills And Knowledge: All courses at NYIF impart real-world skills and knowledge. They prepare you for the day-to-day job as a finance professional.
What I disliked About NYIF?
I personally did not dislike anything about NYIF. However, when I read New York Institute of Finance reviews online, I found a few students were disappointed with NYIF. The reason being-
- Not Budget-Friendly: Most of the courses at NYIF are expensive and are not affordable for everyone.
- Inactive Community: NYIF does not have a vibrant finance community where you can network and learn with like-minded people.
Let us now conclude the New York Institute of Finance review article.
Conclusion: Is It Worth It?
New York Institute of Finance is a prestigious institute that believes in imparting finance enthusiasts with practical skills and knowledge. It is a good platform for finance courses and certification.
If you are looking to make a career in finance, I would recommend you consider NYIF courses. You will get to learn from industry experts who have decades of experience. NYIF courses are worth their price.
NEW YORKK INSTITUTE OF FINANCE
30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
Here are a few frequently asked questions about NYIF reviews.
I hope you found this New York Institute of Finance review article helpful.
Also Read, CFI Review.
Author at OnlineCourseing