Why is it important to learn Apache Hadoop?
Managing big data can be challenging, mostly because it exists in both structured and unstructured formats, thereby requiring huge amounts of storage space and processing power.
Apache Hadoop is one of the best data science tools for efficient big data analytics.
This popularity is because it solves these two problems through the power of distributed computing. Consequently, it is a popular choice for businesses of all sizes.
Learning Hadoop will enable you to fit into modern work environments, and even gain BI skills to make a small business workflow more efficient and profitable.
To master Hadoop, the best Hadoop courses online are key to understanding the various components in its vast ecosystem.
In this article, we’ll discuss the best Hadoop courses and training to take online in 2023 to make you a big data analytics expert.
Let’s get started.
Are you searching for an up-to-date Hadoop course?
Then you’ll find that this is a great option. Benefits of this Hadoop training include:
- Tips on processing Hadoop cluster data more comprehensively by creating scripts via Apache Spark and Pig. This makes it the best Hadoop course on Udemy for intermediate learners.
- Bonus content on working with non-relational data via practical exercises on using MongoDB and Cassandra.
- The course is continuously updated, so you won’t have to deal with deprecated features. As a result, this is the best Hadoop course online if you’re keen on using the latest versions of big data software.
The VM software used can have some pretty hefty hardware requirements, so you may run into a couple of installation problems. The upside is that you get a readily available teaching assistant to help out if you get stuck.
Are you hoping to start a career in big data?
Then this IBM Hadoop tutorial will enable you to become a data scientist without a college degree. Some course highlights include:
- An abundance of job-ready skills you’ll need to work in a big data environment. In particular, you’ll master SQL programming, and how to work with relational database management systems.
- Moreover, you’ll learn NoSQL which will be helpful in situations where you’ll be dealing with Hadoop and unstructured data.
- An overview of how to use IBM Cognos, making this one of the best Hadoop courses on Coursera to also help you understand BI analytics.
Given that it touches on a wide range of important topics at a go, this course may feel overwhelming. However, it’s worth the effort in the end, as this 13-part specialization will grow your portfolio and perfectly position you for an entry-level data science job.
Is your SQL knowledge up to speed?
You may want to take a quick refresher with the best SQL courses online, as you’ll need some experience with querying relational databases for this Hadoop tutorial.
The course covers:
- How to speed up a Hadoop cluster with machine learning. It is for this reason that this is one of the best Hadoop courses online for designing efficient workflows with minimal human intervention.
- Tips on basic querying with Hive and Pig, so you don’t need to bring in any previous knowledge of these two Hadoop concepts.
- A detailed breakdown of setting up a Hadoop development environment, including MapReduce job optimization.
The demonstrations for this course will mostly be running on the Linux OS. However, it is still one of the best Hadoop courses on LinkedIn Learning, as you can still follow along on Windows with a little research on basic Linux commands.
MapReduce and HDFS are important pillars of Hadoop, and this tutorial will get you acquainted with them via hands-on practice.
Some course highlights include:
- Implementing MapReduce in Java for massive data processing, complete with a basic lesson on Java syntax and programming as a whole. This knowledge will also help you understand SQL queries.
- Techniques for scaling to several nodes from a single Apache Hadoop cluster, by taking a closer look at HDFS. So this is one of the best Hadoop courses on PluralSight to handle complex, big-data projects.
- Tips on using YARN to manage resources available to your workflow and schedule jobs to fit constrained resources.
Unfortunately, a Java background is vital to comfortably take this Hadoop training. However, it is the best Hadoop course online for Java developers aiming to hit the ground running with Hadoop.
A great way to understand Hadoop is by building your own data pipeline, and this tutorial will give you tons of data sets for practice.
You’ll get to learn about:
- Using Pig, Hive, and MapReduce to analyze and manage big data sets with ease, making this one of the best Hadoop courses on Udemy for all-around, big data analytics.
- Many other different technologies and top programming languages for data science, in addition to what the various job roles in big data would require from you.
- The entire Hadoop architecture, broken down into nice manageable chunks, making this one of the best Hadoop courses online if you’re completely new to Hadoop.
For some, the accent may be an issue although the audio is fairly clear and audible, so you should keep up quite well. But, in case of any doubts, there are transcriptions readily available for reference.
With the power of big data in your hands, it’s easy to make profitable business decisions. This specialization will give you insights into how you can apply big data in the business world.
Some course highlights include:
- A hands-on capstone project, designed in partnership with a top data software company, which will give you insight into real-world, big data analytics.
- This tutorial builds your programming knowledge from the ground up, so it is the best Hadoop course on Coursera if you don’t know the first thing about coding.
- Learning to pitch solutions to big data problems in your organization, complete with a real-life use case where you’ll design a gaming company’s information system.
Being a 6-part specialization this course can be overwhelming for beginners. However, it is still worth the effort because it also covers machine learning with big data and other vital concepts affecting modern workflows.
If you’d want to combine the best of two powerful big data analytics engines, this tutorial is an excellent option.
Benefits of this course include:
- You also get to learn Apache Spark as well, and how to combine it with Hadoop to build optimized and scalable data pipelines. It is therefore the best Hadoop course on LinkedIn Learning for value.
- If you’re studying Information Technology or would like to, this is the best Hadoop course online as the completion of this course comes with 2.4 CPEs.
- Tips on data storage best practices and how to efficiently store and secure big data to reduce operational costs for an enterprise.
Being a quick, 1-hour training targeting intermediate big data experts, this course may not be absolutely beginner-friendly. However, with the prerequisite knowledge, it’s an excellent class on integrating two of the most powerful big data analytics engines.
For Hadoop training with a focus on HBase, a DBMS that runs on top of HDFS, this may be the tutorial for you.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand what HBase has to offer when you’re dealing with a sparse database containing countless columns of data.
- Work around the limitations of HBase, such as its querying difficulties. So this is the best Hadoop course on PluralSight to circumvent HBase challenges.
- Gain real-world Hadoop experience, thanks to an instructor with practical work experience, including 4 patents and design work with Google Docs.
The Hadoop ecosystem consists of many other important components that are sadly not covered in this training. However, Hbase and MapReduce are undoubtedly the backbones of Hadoop, so this remains one of the best Hadoop courses online for efficient, big data analytics.
Is your big data getting out of control?
This tutorial will show you how to get a hold of rampant big data across your enterprise. You’ll get to learn about:
- Executing programming models such as MapReduce, to better process big data sets. With 10 real examples on MapReduce, this is the best Hadoop course online for practicality.
- Hive, Spark, and other Hadoop-based technologies, all in the same course, thereby providing high value.
- Analyzing social network data using Amazon Elastic and MapReduce, data that can help you create customer personas. As a result, this is one of the best Hadoop courses on Udemy for marketing analytics.
However, prior programming experience is a necessity, so you may want to get acquainted with the best Python courses online before getting started.
The good news though is that you’ll learn MapReduce from a total beginner level, so you don’t need to have experience with this model.
If you’re interested in the IBM Data Engineering Professional Certificate, this is the course to get the ball rolling.
The course covers:
- A detailed overview of Apache Spark, and how to leverage its different components to fetch reliable insights about your data. Consequently, this is one of the best Hadoop courses on Coursera to side-learn Spark.
- You also get to learn about NoSQL programming, which will help you deal with unstructured data and data lakes.
- SparkSQL, including parallel programming fundamentals, and how you can optimize it using Tungsten and Catalyst.
It would be great if the course had summaries, perhaps in PDF format, which means you may need to look through video content when refreshing your knowledge. Even so, it is one of the best Hadoop courses online as it explores many real-life use cases and provides transcriptions as well.
Hadoop can be challenging and overwhelming to learn sometimes, and that’s where this Hadoop tutorial steps in to offer little-known shortcuts.
Some course highlights include:
- 1.8 CPEs to enable you to make good progress if you’re pursuing a NASBA program in information technology.
- Basic file management techniques in Hadoop, which will save you a lot of time compared to conventional methods. This is therefore one of the best Hadoop courses on LinkedIn Learning for efficient Hadoop operation.
- Tips on running fast queries from Hive, in addition to pointers on how to quickly learn HiveQL so you can make fast progress with Apache Hadoop.
Unfortunately, instructor support may be delayed and unavailable at times for this Hadoop training. The upside is that the course is quite thorough and covers all the basics right from installation. Moreover, you can get ready help from the student forums.
Are you familiar with Scala programming?
If so, this is the best Hadoop course online to leverage your Scala experience for data science.
You’ll learn about:
- Scalding, a Scala domain-specific language, and how you can use it for the development of distributed applications on Hadoop.
- Algebird, which is a Scala library that can help solve real-world sketching. In other words, this is one of the best Hadoop courses on PluralSight for solving distributed system streaming problems.
- A few Scala basics for troubleshooting, visualizing and monitoring performance. As a result, you’ll be able to design more efficient application workflows.
You may need some experience with Scala programming to follow along. The best Scala programming courses online are a great option to get this experience.
Scala is an excellent language as it combines functional and object-oriented programming so it’s worth going the extra mile.
From MapReduce and HDFS to Zookeeper and Ambari, this Hadoop training will walk you through the entire Hadoop Ecosystem.
Some course highlights include:
- You’ll also learn about Apache Pig and how you can use this platform to create programs for Hadoop to implement various big data analytics projects ideas.
- Tips on using Apache Kafka, a distributed streaming platform that’ll help you manage multiple real-time data feeds with ease.
- Lots of practical use cases, thanks to an instructor who has used big data analytics tools in production environments. Consequently, this is one of the best Hadoop courses online to gain industry working knowledge.
Unfortunately, you’ll need a subscription to access the Cloudera software used for this course. However, it’s still the best Hadoop course on Udemy because, with this subscription, you’ll also get to understand how an enterprise data cloud works.
Offered by the University of California, San Diego, this is the course for you if you have a non-technical background.
Course benefits include.
- Simple big data analysis and wrangling techniques that require no previous experience. It is therefore the best Hadoop course online for business managers and novice programmers.
- Bonus content on coding in Python, so you also get to learn one of the most important programming languages for data science.
- Real hands-on examples that put you in the driver’s seat with MapReduce and the Hadoop stack as a whole. As a result, it is the best Hadoop course on Coursera for practicality.
Given that the course was released a while ago, you may find that the instructions on installing the Cloudera virtual machine are outdated. However, you can easily get around this by skimming the forums, where various solutions have been posted.
Would you like to become a competent data engineer?
Then this may be the course to discover vital Hadoop components for data engineering.
Some benefits of this Hadoop tutorial include:
- It is a quick, 1-hour training that’s the best Hadoop course on LinkedIn Learning if you’re pressed for time. Perhaps you have to prepare for a data science interview fast and don’t have the luxury to take a comprehensive course.
- Tips on dealing with the challenges associated with data transformation and extracting data from PostgreSQL databases.
- An overview of excellent tools such as Apache Airflow to help you easily manage huge ETL data pipelines. As a result, this is one of the best Hadoop courses online to learn how to manage complex workflows.
While this Hadoop training covers various topics at an introductory level, it still provides great value for advanced learners. You get exposure to a wide range of data engineering tools besides Hadoop such as Spark.
Are you totally new to big data analytics?
Then it’s possible you may not have the programming experience required for some Hadoop tutorials. If so, you should consider the IBM Data Engineering Professional Certificate to get you started.
This Hadoop training will also teach you Python, which is a popular language for data science.
On the other hand, if you have an understanding of programming basics, then you’re ready to take on some of the best Hadoop courses and training to take online in 2023 for intermediate learners.
If so, why not try out The Ultimate Hands-On Hadoop: Tame Your Big Data training?
As long as you have basic familiarity with the Linux command line, you’ll find this is an excellent two-in-one, Hadoop and Spark course.