In this blog, you will read about some top Autocad online courses that will help you to gain mastery in Autocad
Gone are those days when designing was done on paper using drafting tools and pencils.
The measure drawback of paper based design was that you could not edit what’s drawn on paper and if you wish to do so you have to start making the sketch all over. Plus it required a lot of tedious work and consumed time.
AutoCAD has been a breakthrough in designing to help us save time and effort and provide more accurate designs which can be later edited and changed. Can you learn AutoCAD online? These AutoCAD online courses will help you have mastery in the subject.
Today if you are an engineer or architect or designer you must have an understanding of AutoCAD to put your ideas into reality . You might want to learn AutoCAD because of following reasons:
- You love designing and want to make a career in it.
- You want a good salary package
- Switch your current job
- Add it your resume
Honestly the average salary for an AutoCAD designer is more than $50K + .
It doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive to learn how to use AutoCAD. Finding the assistance you require can be simple with the use of free online learning tutorials, courses, videos, and other completely free or paid learning materials.
So if you want to make a career or add it to your resume then do take any of these Online AutoCAD Courses with certificate to upgrade your career.
Disclosure: If you buy courses from any of the links below, I can earn some commission.
Let’s get started. I will take you one-by-one through all the courses.
List of the best AutoCAD Courses you can learn online today
1.Udemy AutoCAD Course with Certificate
I always prefer Udemy when it comes to AutoCAD training courses. Udemy has multiple courses where you will be learning AutoCAD online.
Their courses are taught on various niche topics of AutoCAD to make you understand every minute of the concept.
From there a vast library of AutoCAD online training you should meticulously choose courses that fit your domain. The requirement of the courses includes complete prior knowledge of computer operation and AutoCAD software.
View here Udemy all AutoCAD Training Courses
Autocad Students from the following fields can take up this Udemy Online AutoCAD course
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Interior Designing
- Electrical Engineering
- 3D Animation
Click here to get started with Udemy
The best part of Udemy is that you can select the best AutoCAD online classes as per your requirement with their automatic recommendation system. It’s good. Try it once and you’ll never go back.
Find the right course for you
The best course I suggest to gain mastery in AutoCAD is ‘The complete AutoCAD 2018-21 course’
This course is the ultimate destination if you are looking to learn Autodesk AutoCAD from scratch. It has a rating of 4.6 on Udemy and is already taken by more than 19 K learners. The certificate obtained from this course will help you get a good job in design.
To get started, head to ‘The complete AutoCAD 2018-21 course’ and click on the “Buy now” button
- Cost: $10
- Duration: 17.5 Hours (I suggest taking 5-6 hours per week)
- Certificate: Available
- Learnings: AutoCAD Drawings, Plans and Layouts, AutoCAD 2019 and 2020 version, floor plans, circuit diagrams and mechanical drafting
- Rating :
Still with me! Great
If you want to explore more courses on AutoCAD, keep reading
Lynda is now called LinkedIn Learning
Like Udemy LinkedIn Learning also hosts several AutoCAD skills courses but here most of the courses are taught by a famous Autodesk certified instructor called Shaun Bryant who is a leading AutoCAD designer and instructor.
Among all this courses AutoCAD: Tricks and Tips is the most viewed AutoCAD course online with over 186 K+ viewers till date because of its uniqueness to make designers more productive and efficient.
If you are not sure which course to take then I suggest trying this course ‘AutoCAD 2023 Essential Training’
This course covers all topics used in architecture, engineering, and design. You can log in through your LinkedIn account and make the payment via any of the online payment options available.
- Cost: $10 ( if billed annually)
- Certificate : Available
- Duration: 9.30 Hrs( I suggest to complete the course in a week)
For mechanical Engineers I have a different suggestion .
The best part of this AutoCAD course is that it is Autodesk verified so you can get full AutoCAD certification online.
After passing this test, you will be an AutoCAD Certified User (ACU).
This certification is very important because of the following reasons:
- It will help you get a job as a AutoCAD designer
- Proof that you are a skilled AutoCAD designer
- Confidently can apply for any job position involving AutoCAD
Plus this course has a refund policy of 14 days. Within 14 days you can cancel the course and get your refund back.
- Cost: $ 699 for onetime payment
- Certificate: Available as Certified AutoCAD User (CAU)
- Learnings: Functions and Commands of AutoCAD, Drafting, Create isometric and 3D drawings.
I am recommending Skillshare Online AutoCAD Courses because the courses mentioned below are completely free. These courses cover basic topics in 2D and 3D designs.
Click the link to view all Skillshare free AutoCAD courses
Out of all the courses mentioned I suggest you take Autodesk AutoCAD Masterclass: The Ultimate Guide to AutoCAD
This course will take you through the basics of AutoCAD and its applications. The tutorial consists of 6 videos and can be completed within any time period
- Cost: free
- Certificate: Unavailable ( Does it really matter if your motive is to gain a skill?)
- Learning: 2D and 3D Designs, Surface and mesh commands, Annotations, Layouts, Groups, Layers, 3D materials, and Rendering
Till now we have covered four major AutoCAD online training providers and here comes the 5th Pluralsight. Hence, it would be best if you enrolled yourself in one of the best online AutoCAD classes. If you search online, you can find several Online AutoCAD courses. From these AutoCAD courses, how do you select and pick the best online AutoCAD classes? Well, fret not. We researched for you and found eight of the best AutoCAD courses online. You can read about these AutoCAD courses online below and make your selection.
Pluralsight also hosts many AutoCAD courses the highest rated course being Introduction to Drafting and Annotations in AutoCAD
If you are a beginner then you should go for Introduction to AutoCAD .
Pluralsight works on a subscription model where you get access to all of its online tutorials that costs only $159 if billed annually and as low as $ 19 are billed monthly.
If you are OK with this then click on the below link and create your account
You just read about 5 major AutoCAD online courses in 2022 you should take if you are planning to upgrade your career
Apart from this I have also sorted some free courses from YouTube.
If you are on money-saving mode but want to learn AutoCAD, then do take up these free AutoCAD Tutorials on YouTube.
CAD in Black is a YouTube channel specially focused on teaching AutoCAD for learners like you.
Some Other Notable Courses for Learning AutoCAD
|1. The Complete AutoCAD 2018-20 Course Tutorial | Udemy |
2. Complete course in AutoCAD: 2D and 3D | Udemy
3. Autodesk Certified Professional: AutoCAD for Design and Drafting Exam Prep | Coursera
4. Autodesk CAD/CAM/CAE for Mechanical Engineering Specialization
5. AutoCAD 2021 Complete Beginners Course | Udemy
6. Quantity Surveying Building Estimation With Cad And Excel | Udemy
7. AutoCAD 2021 Essential Training Online Class | LinkedIn Learning, formerly Lynda.com
8. AutoCAD: Tips & Tricks Online Class | LinkedIn Learning, formerly Lynda.com
9. 3D Modeling Piped Systems in AutoCAD | Udemy
10. 60 AutoCAD 2D & 3D Drawings and Practical Projects | Udemy
11. Autodesk AutoCAD Masterclass: The Ultimate Guide to AutoCAD | Ozgur Gorgun | Skillshare
12. AutoCAD Crash Course for Architects | Dana Knight | Skillshare
13. Basic AutoCAD for engineering students | Udemy
14. AutoCAD 2D and Autocad Electrical 2017 for beginners | Udemy
15. AutoCAD: Advanced 3D Modeling Online Class | LinkedIn Learning, formerly Lynda.com