Blockchain Council Review 2022: Is It Worth It?
In this review of Blockchain Council, you’ll get a clear idea of how it works, pricing, and the courses offered.
Table of Contents
About Blockchain Council:
Founded in 2017, Blockchain Council is made up of a group of Blockchain experts who have made it their mission to spread the word about Blockchain. The council aims to share expertise, use cases, research to effectively expand the community of Blockchain professionals.
Blockchain Council offers paid and free webinars, training, certifications, etc. to those who are looking to step into or grow in the industry. By doing so, Blockchain Council hopes to create a healthy space for innovation and improvement in Blockchain.
Blockchain Career Options
The number of job opportunities available in the Blockchain space has been steadily increasing in the last few years. Whereas, the number of skilled Blockchain professionals is still not near the demand. If you’re considering a career in Blockchain, here are some of the roles you can explore:
- Blockchain project manager
- Blockchain developer
- Blockchain engineer
- Blockchain legal consultant
- Blockchain web designer
- Blockchain solution architect
- Blockchain UX Designer
- Blockchain quality engineer
As technology changes, the need to implement and explore blockchain is increasing. In fact, according to LinkedIn’s blog “New LinkedIn Research: Upskill Your Employees with the Skills Companies Need Most in 2020”, Blockchain is the #1 most in-demand hard skill.
So, if you haven’t already, NOW is the time to start a career in Blockchain!
The average salary of a Blockchain Developer in the US is $143,833/year.
Blockchain Council Certification Reviews
The reviews seem to go in one extreme or the other. Most Blockchain Council reviews give it a rating of 4 or 5, but then some 1-star ratings end up significantly bringing down the overall rating.
In these reviews, students have appreciated the flexible hours offered by Blockchain Council’s online Blockchain courses. Others have complained about the level of these courses. So, the verdict from student reviews is quite varied. This could be due to the wide variety of online blockchain courses that the council offers.
Whatever the reason may be, let’s dive deeper into our Blockchain Council certification review so you can make an informed decision!
Blockchain Council offers several online blockchain courses and certifications. We recommend that you go through the curriculum and other details of all the certifications you’re interested in before making your choice.
The certifications cover a variety of topics that include:
- Blockchain: Certified Blockchain Expert, Certified Blockchain Developer
- Blockchain Professional: Certified Blockchain & HR Professional, Certified Blockchain & Supply Chain Professional, Certified Blockchain Security Professional, Certified Blockchain & Digital Marketing Professional, Certified Blockchain & Law Professional, Certified Blockchain & KYC Professional, Certified Blockchain & Healthcare Professional, Certified Blockchain & Finance Professional
- Corda: Certified Corda Architect, Certified Corda Expert
- Polygon: Certified Polygon Expert, Certified Polygon Developer
- Quorum: Certified Quorom Developer, Certified Quorum Expert
- Hyperledger: Certified Hyperledger Developer, Certified Hyperledger Expert
- Cryptocurrencies: Certified Cryptocurrency Auditor, Certified Cryptocurrency Expert, Certified Cryptocurrency Trader
- NFTs: Certified NFT Expert, Certified NFT Developer
- Others: Certified Smart Contract Developer, Certified Bitcoin Expert, Certified DeFi Expert, Certified Polkadot Expert, Certified Ethereum Expert, Certified Cardano Expert, Certified Metaverse Expert, Certified Uniswap Expert, Certified Solidity Developer
Benefits of Studying with Blockchain Council
So, what are some of the features/benefits that Blockchain Council offers to its members and students?
- Lifetime access to courses: You can access all course material for a lifetime for any of the Blockchain Council courses.
- Access to webinars and events: Students and members of the Blockchain Council get free access to various educational events.
- Professional assistance: Since the Blockchain Council is a group of subject-matter experts, students have access to training assistance and expertise.
- Membership benefits: If you become a member of the Blockchain Council, you get access to various additional benefits, as mentioned below.
Blockchain Council Membership
Something interesting about Blockchain Council is that they have a membership program for blockchain experts, enthusiasts, and professionals.
By becoming a member, you get access to all sorts of blockchain-related content such as Ebooks, training sessions, webinars, podcasts, etc.
As you can see below, there are individual and corporate memberships available.
The individual membership, priced at $229/year, grants you a significant discount on certifications. That’s great, but there’s something else that almost goes unnoticed in the above list of benefits. You get the Blockchain Courses bundle for FREE. This bundle includes the following courses:
- Central Bank Digital Currency
- Contemplating Blockchain Technology & Growing Number of Cyber Risks
- Foreseeing the Impact of Digital Assets on Capital Markets
- Learn to Develop a Blockchain Solution
- Blockchain FAQs Answered in 1 Hour
- Blockchain Glossary Learn Blockchain Frequently Used Terms
- Learn Ethereum Blockchain & Smart Contracts within 1 Hour
- Learn BaaS (Blockchain-as-a-Service) by Microsoft Azure
- Understand Largest Blockchain Attack (Infamous DAO Hacking)
- Introduction to Autonomous Organization (DAO) in Blockchain
These courses may not be as beneficial as the main courses, but they have a significant value-add. In addition to getting a discount on all certifications, this bundle is a great added benefit to the membership.
If you plan to enroll in more than two courses with Blockchain Council, we’d recommend taking at least a one-year membership instead. Trust us — you would get a lot more bang for your buck.
Most online blockchain courses offered by the Blockchain Council cost between $130 and $300.
Compared to similar blockchain course providers, Blockchain Council’s prices are reasonable. Plus, if you’re going into Blockchain for the long run, you can become a member. That way, you’d keep learning, always be in the loop with what’s happening in Blockchain, and save on certifications too.
It’s important to note that the refund policy isn’t very flexible or accomodating. So, take a free trial, explore, research, and only then purchase a course. Make an informed decision.
Blockchain Council Customer Support
There are mixed reviews for the customer service provided by Blockchain Council. On their website, they claim to respond to queries within 24-48 hours, and in most cases, this has been true.
The issues faced have been less about the response time and more about the resolution. However, you can avoid many of these issues if you do your due diligence and research beforehand (which you’re already doing right now!). Make sure you read all policies and course details thoroughly. Just as you should do when enrolling in any course.
You can reach them on all social platforms but, you can expect the quickest response when you mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pros & Cons:
- Affordable pricing: Blockchain Council courses and certifications are relatively cheaper than other similar certifications. It will be worth the money.
- Membership benefits: Blockchain Council offers membership programs with various added benefits.
- Created by Experts: The council is run by people who are passionate about blockchain. Who better to learn from?
Wide variety of courses: There are plenty of courses to choose from, covering everything from cryptocurrency to NFTs, etc.
- Courses suited to beginners: Some courses don’t dive deep enough and are better suited to beginners.
- Lacking industry recognition: Blockchain Council doesn’t have the recognition in the industry yet that other options might have.
- No refund policy: The refund policy is pretty tough, and in most cases, you won’t be able to get a refund.
Our final verdict is this — if you’re exploring blockchain as a career, then start with youtube videos and see if it’s for you.
If and when you decide that blockchain is for you, go straight for a membership. Go through the entire free bundle you get, and take up the foundation courses before moving on to more advanced ones.
If you’re already in the blockchain space, becoming a Blockchain Council member can benefit you greatly. Especially because of all the research material, ebooks, etc. that you get access to.
Yes, Blockchain Council is legit. Yes, it is worth it. But, you need to choose your course wisely based on your requirements and level of understanding.
Claim Lifetime Access
Is Blockchain Council recognized by the industry?
At the moment, it is still a private de-facto body that works independently. It is still building a reputation in the industry.
How long are the certificates valid for?
All Blockchain Council certificates are valid for a lifetime.
How many members does the Blockchain Council currently have?
There are currently over 1500 members around the world.
Can I get a refund on membership or certification if I change my mind?
No, Blockchain Council doesn’t offer refunds in most cases. So, do your due diligence before enrolling.
How can I reach out for any queries?
You can either mail them, can contact them via phone, or their social media handles.
Following are the details:
phone: + 1-(323)984-8594
Feel free to leave your opinion of the Blockchain Council Review in comments section
Author at OnlineCourseing